Bunnahabhain Toiteach (Pron. ‘ Toe-chack’) - Gaelic for ‘Smoky’ Bunnahabhain was founded in 1881. It was therefore still a new venture when visited by the author Alfred Barnard when he was researching his definitive book on distilleries in 1886. One of Alfred’s many observations was that, “Nothing but peat is used in the kilns, which is dug in the district and is of exceptionally fine quality.” This is in stark contrast to the gentle Bunnahabhain of today. Now, over a century and a quarter later, Toiteach has been created in honor of this original, long-lost style of Bunnahabhain.
- The first heavily peated Bunnahabhain to be introduced in the United States
- Un-chill filtered, no added coloring
- Only distillery on Islay to use a pure natural spring water source
- Very small production & limited avalibility
- Toiteach is considered by whisky experts to be amongst the finest peated Islay Malts ever created and one of the most highly anticipated whisky releases by connoisseurs and collectors here in the United States.
Color: A light golden hue
Nose: Smoky with a subtle floral nose
Body: Buttery mouth feel with sweet smokiness
Finish: Long and complex with a lingering peppery note.
Origin: Scottland / Islay / Bunnahabhain